Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Attention Houston: We Have a Problem

I had all intentions of writing some great blogs this week because Sean would be in the field most of this week, but my Internet is choosing not to co-operate so I’m using a few minutes of down time at the office to write instead.

I called Sprint last night to talk to a operator to see if we could figure out what the problem with my Internet is. Needless to say he was less than helpful. His advice was to simply take my computer to a technician and have it looked at. I tried to explain it wasn’t a problem with my computer because our PS3 would not load the Internet either, but he wouldn’t hear it. Obviously there is a problem with the Internet and not both of my machines. I’m hoping this situation is rectified soon because I do not like being without Internet in my home.

Last night Sean was at the ranges until around 11:00 so it was just Boomer and I last night. We played ball for a bit, he attempted to help me clean, if you consider dragging socks around the house cleaning, I even got some cardio in last night at the gym and dropped off our movies that were due. I’d say it was a productive evening.

My parents are leaving Friday for Hawaii so I called to talk to them last night, but ended up talking to my dad since my mom and brother were out checking cows. I wish I could go with them, but I didn’t have enough money to when they were planning the trip and even if I did now I couldn’t miss two weeks of work. This is the third time my parents have been to Hawaii, but my brother has never gone and none of them have done Hawaii by cruise. Although the second week they are just going to be island hopping. I have to admit I’m a tad jealous!



We’ve been busy at work lately. I process a new claim, lawsuit or incident about everyday. I’m auditing files right now for payments, but sometimes I just sit and read the file I’m auditing. I had no idea that people could/would sue for some of the things they are complaining about. It’s just crazy! I will admit though that the Hurricane Katrina cases we have are the most interesting to me. There’s something about that whole time that fascinates me. I’m not sure why. Maybe because it’s that I love history so much and this is going to be a very significant part of history.

Sean and I decided to get Netflix the other day. We’ve been renting a lot of movies and it’s just too expensive to keep getting them from Blockbuster. Rentals here are $4.99 and that’s ridiculous to me. That’s even for older movies. I’d much rather have Netflix for $8.99 a month and get unlimited rentals. I’ve already added a bunch of movies to our list and there’s a ton of interesting documentaries that I want to watch.

Next weekend I’m going back to Oklahoma for my best friend’s baby shower. We’ve been best friends since the 8th grade and we’ve been friends ever since. We even roomed together for our freshman year at college. Everyone told us we would hate each other after that, but we’ve proved them all wrong. Anyway…this is her first baby and so naturally I want to be there for the shower. It should be a fun time back home, although since I’ll be leaving Friday after work I won’t be getting there until very early Saturday morning and I’ll have to turn right around and leave Sunday afternoon, but it’ll still be worth it.

1 comment:

tootie said...

Bummer about your internet! I know how frustrating that can be.

I just came back from Hawaii a few weeks ago, and I'd love to go back! My husband and I might do the cruise whenever we go next so we can see more of other the islands.

Whenver you do go, I recommend staying at the Hale Koa. It's a hotel for military, and they offer reasonable rates based on rank.