Monday, June 16, 2008

Memorable Monday

I think I'm going to start a new thing on Mondays where I talk about a memory I have. I am not a fan of Mondays and so I'm hoping this will spice it up a bit!

Of course, it's not as much fun if you don't share your stories or memories so leave a comment with however much you care to share.

Today's topic: Childhood Playhouses



Today's memory comes from my younger days. I was three-years-old and my parents were building a house, right next to wear our trailer was at on our land. I remember the excitement of watching the crews build our home and watching my mom paint the various rooms in our home. She asked me what color I wanted my room and being a three-year-old little girl the obvious answer for me was pink. I had pink carpeting, light pink walls and flowered wallpaper in pink shades. I also had the neatest bay windows with a built-in toybox. I was in heaven!

The best part was when my mom would give me leftover scraps of wallpaper and I would try to decorate a huge cardboard box I was using as a playhouse on the front porch. I would assemble various dolls and stuffed animals in there and play for hours. I was sad when the box finally fell apart and my playhouse was no more.

I always wanted a pink playhouse when I was little and I got that...sort of. My dad made me a pink treehouse. It was great until the wasps tried to take it over!

Your turn!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

playhouses are the best, I remember thinking mine was the biggest,(of course I was 6) now when I look at the size they build for kids mine was a little box, but so many fun memories happened in there

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

What an awesome memory! Your parents sound like they were so very thoughtful. You were one loved little girl!

One of my sweet childhood memories is this: when I was a little girl my parents had very, very little money. My dad was going to Bible school full time, my mom stayed home with the three kids - things were hard-pressed. But a couple times a month, my dad would drive us into the city and buy us a little vanilla ice cream cone from McDonald's. I remember feeling so special - how I enjoyed those ice cream cones!
That is such a great memory for me!

Happy Monday!

-Andrea