Monday, July 14, 2008

A Cool Freebie

I hope everyone had a pleasant Monday. Mine wasn't too bad. It was cloudy most of the day which led to cooler temperatures. Our boss is gone the entire week and since it's just me and another lady we decided to dress casual the rest of the week. I have to say I'm pretty excited about that. I did have a minor occurence yesterday though when I came out in the afternoon to find my car had a flat rear tire. That led to me having to purchase new rear tires today and I'm a $150.00 poorer, but I'm just thankful this flat didn't happen while I was driving or while we were in Lake Charles this past weekend.

Sean is at the ranges all this week so he won't be getting home until late and then leaving early in the mornings. So, it's just been Boomer and I this evening, even though I did go to the gym for awhile with my friend Lauren. After eating so much Olive Garden this weekend it was imperative that I got myself to the gym!

So I know many of you out there probably like to travel as much as I do, so I'm going to let you in on a great deal that I just happened to run across. I love taking road trips and there's a program called the American Scenic Byways program. There are scenic byways all over and I requested what I thought was a brochure about them. This is what came in the mail.



That's right folks. A full-color National Geographic Guide to Scenic Highways and Byways. It didn't cost me a dime! I just got it off of this link. The price on the back says $25.00. To say I was shocked to get this is an understatement. I had to call my Mom and tell her about it since she loves travel books like I do. Do yourself a favor and go check it out!

I'm still planning a post about my birthday weekend and a few of my cool buys, but I'm going to save that for another day.

2 comments:

Lindsay Gray said...

I just ordered mine! Woo Hoo! *R* will love finding some scenic roads to drive his harley on.

Katie said...

Thank you! I just submitted for one too! I'll love to take those roads once I have my DSLR camera!