Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Get To Know Me

I know that I have some new readers and so I just wanted to do a fun little get-to-know me post.

1. I am a great lover of peanut butter. I love crunchy peanut butter on my toast at any time and my favorite candy happens to be these.



Best candy ever!

2. I've never broken a bone in my body (knock on wood!) I've come close to breaking my wrist when I tripped backwards over a bicycle, but luckily I ended up with just a sprain.

3. I'm a natural blonde. My hair is currently highlighted, but it's very close to my nautral hair color. My hair used to get white in the summers. I guess I can thank my Norweigan ancesters for that!

4.I've only been associated with the military for a little over a year now. None of my family were military and I'd never dated any ROTC or military guys before I married Sean.

5. I was raised on a cattle-ranch. We are by no means a huge ranch, but we've been raising and selling cattle since before I was born. In fact, I paid for the first couple years of my college by selling cattle I had acquired over the years.


6. I got my nose pierced in March. Most of my friends and family were shocked. It's something that I've wanted to have done for awhile though. I love it! It was very painful when I got it done though, I'm not going to deny that.


7. I HATE going to the dentist with a passion. I'd honestly rather go have a yearly exam then have anything done to my teeth.


8. There are two talents I wish I had. One is singing. I have an awful singing voice. The other would be to be able to sew anything. My mom has tried to teach me to sew...and I'm just not good at it. I wish I took after her and my grandma in that department!


9. I would love to live in Alaska one of these days. I absolutley fell in love with it when I went there on a vacation. I cannot wait to go back!


10. I am actually quite a shy person. I've improved since I was little, but in some social situations it's still difficult for me to start conversations with people.


11. Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love the traditions of that time. I start listening to Christmas music right after Thanksgiving and that's pretty much all I listen to until Christmas Day. I go all out decorating too.


12. My first car was a 1982 Corvette. My dad had one in high school so he let me get one. I saved up money and also worked to pay it off. I drove it for seven years. It was an amazing car! It still sits at my parents house.


13. I know the entire soundtrack of Saturday Night Fever by heart. I also love all 70's era music. When I'm at work that's all I listen to on Internet radio.

14. I would like to get my Masters in Library Science and work as an elementary librarian. Summers off with my future kids would be great.

15. I've never had a massage, facial or pedicure which is something I plan on rectifying soon. Maybe that will be my reward when I lose another 10 lbs!

9 comments:

Sara said...

never had a pedicure? For the love of God, come to Houston and I'll take you to my place. They don't just paint you toes. There is a hot rock massage, exfoliating treatment, and mask on your legs, topped with an aroma therapy massage and parafin wax. All for the price of $25.

Megan said...

oh, i can't believe you have a picture of a pb cup. too much! it looked so good! you were so cute with that car, and btw, i would love to be a librarian too!

Megan

stacey said...

REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS ARE THE BEST!!!! They are sooo my favorite too!!!

Kasey said...

I also grew up on a cattle ranch.

I showed feeder calves at the fair for 10 years in 4-H and FFA. :)


People think I am such a country bumpkin. Nice to see I am not the only one, lol.

Becca said...

what a cool post idea!! too bad i cant understand your love of peanut butter, i'm allergic.. but i'm a big fan of pedicures (they are my treat to myself a couple times a year).. i think you should definitley treat yourself to one!!

d.a.r. said...

Okay, how did you get your LeeLou layout to go wide like that??? Did you get her to make a custom design?? Please share! :)

The Mrs. said...

mmmmmm peanut butter cups. When we found out the little one was allergic to peanuts i swear hubs and I went into mourning over the loss of peanut butter cups. When he's tdy he has admitted to sucking them down by the bagfull.

nice to know more about you!

Keri said...

That picture of the peanut butter cup has me salivating! Thanks alot! lol

Brando said...

Okay- I keep finding blogs through other blogs and find that it's such a small world. My dream (like a few other milspouses I found) is to get my MLS too! I used to teach, but realized that what I really want to do is get my Masters of Library Science.

Small world. And Reeses rock.