Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Fun Questions, Volume 3

So before we get to the questions I have to share a small frustration. The second part of the month is when we pay most of our bills, I looked at our bank account today and noticed after paying most of the bills we are getting down to small digits in our bank account. This wouldn't be such a problem if there weren't a couple of people that owed us money. Sean loaned two of his friends some money for a grand total of $110. Granted, I appreciate the fact he's a generous guy, but we aren't in any sort of position to loan people that much money, especially since it's been several weeks and we have yet to be paid back. I finally told him today that when he gets back from Mississippi, that he HAD to collect the money. No ifs, ands or buts. Anyone else have any issues with their SO's doing that?

Ok, but down to the fun part of the day. Friday fun questions! I'm eager to read your responses.

1. What is your earliest memory?

2. What is your ancestry?

3. Who has been the biggest influence in your life?

4. Favorite meal/dish to cook/bake?

5. If you could go back to a particular period in history what would it be and why?

My answers:

1. One of my earliest memories would be of a huge, scary goat that our neighbors had. It would come into our pasture and chase our cows and I remember being terrified of it. This was no normal goat either, I'm serious when I say it was the size of a cow.

2. I'm German, Native American and Norweigan. My great-great grandma came to America from Norway when she was 6.

3. Biggest influence in my life would be my mom. I would not be where I am today if it hadn't been for her. She's a very honorable woman I hope to be the kind of mom someday that she was to me.

4. My favorite dish to make is potato casserole. It's a family favorite. My mom makes it for holidays and Sean loves to eat it too and often requests I make it. It's easy and delicious.

5. If I could go back in time I think it would be neat to go back to the 1800's. Especially when people were moving across the nation on the Oregon Trail. I would have loved to have seen the huge prairies with nothing but the sky and the grass.

6 comments:

kd said...

I blogged my answers!

Kimberly said...

Hi New Girl!

So you asked me a while back on my bog what camera I have and I never responded. So sorry!! Sometimes I am such a procrastinator. Okay, so I have a canon 5D. But only because it was a gift. If I were going to buy a new camera I would get the canon 40D. It is a great camera and much more reasonably priced. Also, a would get a great lens - my favorite is the 50mm f/1.8, it is fantastic. It is what gives you that blurry look behind your subject.

I hope that helps! let me know if you have anymore questions:)

Kim Dudley
kimberly.h.dudley@gmail.com

.... said...

I blogged my answers...

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Sorry to hear that the people never paid you back but some people are like that! That is why we never do it unless it's a family member and I have it.

Linda said...

No one's answering here, so I'll start (not that I don't want to blog my answers...actually, I don't, because I'm too lazy to click over there, lol)

1. I think it would be playing with my cousins outside in their barn, and falling into the pig feed bucket...then getting my shoes pecked by the chickens...had to be about 3 or 4 back then!

2. I'm French-Canadian, decended from the Acadians (from what is now Nova Scotia, but was Acadia till the darned English took it over!) My 9th great paternal grandfather came from France

3. There have been so many...one who was a mentor and encouraged me to be myself was my French teacher, Judy Paradis.

4. I love cooking and baking...but my favorite (and easiest) dish is my oatmeal jam squares (recipe's on my blog somewhere in June!)

5. I don't know....

Brando said...

I completed todays and finally posted the answers I did last week too. Thanks for giving me something to actually look forward to blogging about each week.

As for the money, that really sucks. It's so hard when you want to be the nice guy. But the nice guys always end up getting screwed in the end! Hope you get your money back!