Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day

To start off this post I just want to say a big thank you to my husband and to all those that have served or continue to serve our country. Also thank you to the wives, girlfriends, fiancees, moms, sisters and widows of the men who serve. I know you all are just as amazing as the men that serve.

This is honestly the first picture that comes to mind when I think of Veteran's Day.




I'm not sure why that particular image, but it gives me goosebumps everytime I see it.

I'm working half a day today, although originally I was supposed to have today off, but half a day still works for me. Anyway, I'm taking my favorite veteran to lunch today (aka my husband) and I told him he gets to pick where we go.

Since today's post is all about Veteran's Day I thought I'd include some books that are great military reading. Some are about the current wars, others are about previous. At any rate I've either read them or Sean has and we recommend them!

House to House by David Bellavia
Charlie Company: What Vietnam Did to Us by Peter Goldman
Kill Bin Laden by Dalton Fury
Chicken Soup for the Military Wife's Soul
Married to the Military
Under the Sabers

Don't forget Band of Brothers, both the book and the series from HBO. It's simply amazing!

Not much else to say today ladies. Hope you have a great day!

12 comments:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

And don't forget Army Wives, the truest to life of them all :)

Weeksie50 said...

I have that same picture on my blog today!

Lindsey said...

That picture gives me goose bumps too! Great post!

Roxanne said...

Thanks to your hubby, lady! and you two! I hope you enjoy your day together!

Liana said...

yes thank you to the support systems of all the men and women serving (including you!) my father was in the marines for 20 years and saw how hard especially it was on my mother. so thank you to everyone!!

Unknown said...

I love this post! Please thank your husband from all of us for all he does for our country!

Anonymous said...

Great post! Tell your husband we are all very grateful.

Anonymous said...

Please give a sincere THANK YOU to your husband from me! And thank you to you for allowing him to servce and living the lifestyle that you do. I honestly don't know that I could do it... So THANKS!

Liz Harrell said...

Oh. Band of Brothers. I could watch that over and over. I lost a whole weekend one time just entranced in front of the tv. Both my grandfather's served in WWII, in the Pacific. Wish they were still here for me to thank them.

Megan said...

Yes..Thank you to your husband--and you supporting him!!

Tania said...

Thank you too! I'm so proud of our men and women in uniform, and I'm so glad that I'm a part of this big community/culture!

The Mrs. said...

great picture!