Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Great Find and a Neighbor Update

First up I'll do the update on our neighbor situation.

I went to housing this morning and explained the situation about the common area, our neighbors and everything else. The housing lady was extremely sympathetic, told me she understood completely why I was upset and yes I should be able to let Boomer use the common area as long as I was picking up after him.

So...she called the building administrator of our complex as well as our landlord. They both told her that I could NOT use the common area, no matter if I picked up after him or not and that my options were to let him use the street or drive him somewhere so he could go to the bathroom.

Um...drive him somewhere so he can go out? I think NOT! The housing lady actually got in an arguement with the both of them and at one point slammed her fist on the table she was so angry. She also told our landlord that on our lease it said we were allowed a pet and why at that point had he not told us we couldn't use the common area, because if he would have we certaintly wouldn't have rented that apartment. She then told him we would most likely be giving him our six month notice and that the housing office would NEVER again do business with him.

She said that this was not settled and she'd be talking to the lady who actually did our lease tomorrow, as she was out of the office today. She said in the meantime that I'll have to not use the common area until they can get something figured out. So...when I went home for a bit this morning I happily let Boomer pee in the parking lot. I dare someone to complain about that, because I will not put up with any more crap from our neighbors.

In a way I do want to move because I don't like our neighbors and I'd like Boomer to have a place where he can go out and pee in peace, BUT if we have to wait six months then Sean will be deployed when I have to move and the housing lady said we'd have to pay out of pocket to move, our contract fee, etc. None of those things are cheap either. So...I'm really at a loss of what to do.

It also appears we won't be going to the Battalion Ball because SOMEONE forgot to pay for the tickets. Don't even get me started on that.

I do have good news though. I went to the thrift store on post today and scored a Kate Spade bag for $3. Now...I know it's not the latest season of bag, but come on, it's Kate Spade! I'll have to take a pic of it to show you guys.

21 comments:

TJ said...

Whhhat?! Drive him somewhere to let him go the bathroom?! Oh my goodness. I am so sorry about the whole mess with this :(

I hope you guys can go to the ball after all!

Allison said...

Are you sure you have to wait six months? In Germany we only have to give a 30 day notice if we want to move... Is the 6 month thing an Italian rule or something?

It seems that if you are renting a place through Army housing, then the rules would be the same as they are here...but maybe not :(

Hope you can figure something out. I'd be so annoyed if I didn't have a place to let Addie do her "business"!

Anonymous said...

At least the Housing Lady is on your side. That totally sucks that you may have to move though. Good luck, and way to get a great deal!

The Wife said...

Kate Spade at the Thrift store really? WOW!I love to go there and buy books!

And everyone thinks my long toes are hilarious.

I hope your issues with housing get better. I feel your pain!

lola said...

Oooh! Congrats on the fabulous find!

I'd be so irritated about the common area situation. It sounds like you've done everything you've possibly could to be nice and mature about the situation, so BRAVO for letting him pee in the parking lot after all of that! If they don't like it.. well, I hope they step in it! :P I hope the lease person gets back to you soon!

Meg said...

Seriously, why would they tell you you can have have a pet if it can't use the yard?? That's ridiculous!!

Full of Heart said...

That sounds really ridiculous! I sure hope they help you get something better figured out!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Thank goodness for the native language speakers in the housing office! I wonder if you still have to give 6 months notice if your contract was violated. Hmmm

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Kate Spade of 3 bucks!!!! That's a HUGE HUGE steal!


Those people in your building are ridiculous! I hope everything gets worked out in the end.

Sara said...

Oh man it's just one problem after another, isn't it. It's nice to have someone in the housing office be an advocate for you, though. I hope this clears up soon.

Guess what I got... hubs bought me the Nikon D60 for an early b-day present! Best Buy was running a deal and I ended up with two lenses. I almost got the canon but the nikon was a better deal.

The Mrs. said...

Really I would think using the common area would be much better then the parking lot, that would disgust me so much more. But hey, give em what they want right?

Cant wait to see a pic of your new bag!

Jessica said...

Drive him somewhere??? Yeah.. I don't see that happpening. I hope you get this settled soon. At least you have the housing lady backing your up and maybe the woman who actually wrote your lease will be a little more helpful!

Lisa said...

Wow that's absolutely ridiculous! I can't believe that's what the landlord expects you to do! I hope the rule isn't six months of notice, AND they help you guys out with some of the expenses. That's crazy.

Glad that you've got Army Housing on your side. It's good that they're supportive!

I'm bummed you don't get to go to the ball. I'm secretly looking forward to the next one, since I had so much fun at the first one (minus the bruised tailbone)!

Sarah said...

Wow, I cannot believe what a ridiculous situation your housing is turning out to be! Its true though that at least you have the housing lady on your side...to bad there wasn't a way to say that since you cannot do what the lease implied that you don't have to honor it?

Unknown said...

I think I would have done some fist pounding too! Wow, thats rich and absurd...RAWR...I see your predicament with moving at this point though...hmmmm...

Random Musings said...

Love s good by from a thrift store.. That housing thing really sucks. I am sure its all going to work itself out I am sorry you have to go through all of this..

Kristen said...

Wow! What a crappy situation (totally accidental pun)! I hope this mess gets straightened out soon!

Jon and Steph said...

SERIOUSLY! You've got to be kidding me. What a horrible situation!

I'm with Allison, we only have to give 30 days, there's no reason you should have to wait 6 months??? but it might be some rule!

I sure hope everything gets resolved soon. That is just crazy! Definitely let us know what happens.

Kebi Cedawna said...

It's nice to have someone going to bat for you. Hopefully she'll get it all straightened out.

Shoshanah said...

I'm sure it feels good to at least have someone one your said. It sucks the way its working out though.

I know in France everyone lets their dogs use the sidewalk. Its actually become somewhat of a national problem. But that's what kind of expected there. Maybe there's a similar feeling in Italy?

Tania said...

Just catching up on some blog reading so you might see my comments scattered throughout :)

This is crap! I hate difficult landlords! (I have my own to deal with which is why I feel so strongly about it). I really hope you can get out of your lease. Grr!