Friday, November 20, 2009

Wrap-Up of Lake Bled

I must confess I laughed yesterday when you guys thought I'd had some sort of crazy misspelling. Ljubljana isn't that hard to pronounce. It's basically Leeyoob Leeyawna, easier to say than it looks.



This was a sausage platter that we ordered in Lake Bled. I honestly think it might be one of the best things we had. There were about 6 different kinds of sausage with cheese and fresh horseradish to dip it in. Ah-mazing.



Fall foliage around the lake.



This is Boomer trying to catch a duck.



Me with one of the mannequins in the museum in the castle.



Bird through the window in the castle.



The church in Bled.



This is our afternoon treat from the "Brown Bear" in Bled. I got Bled Cake, Sean got pudding and a cappucino. All that for 6 euro! It was amazing too. Seriously...if you're ever in Bled, you must go to the Brown Bear.



The infamous Brown Bear.

In summary...I highly recommend going to Slovenia. The people are friendly and it's very English friendly as well. It's very beautiful, not too expensive like some of the other European countries and has a plethora of things to do. I'm planning on going back to take advantage of some of their many spas throughout Slovenia.

Hope you enjoyed seeing Slovenia through my eyes!

10 comments:

JG said...

Yes, the name of the place threw me for a loop, but anymore I just go with it. Plus, when we have places like Vici, Chickasha and Slaughterville, I've learned to respect other weird-sounding places. :)

d.a.r. said...

Looks gooorrrgeeeooouuusss!

Sara said...

Oh I definitely didn't think it was a mispelling, just friggen ridiculous to try and pronounce!

THAT was your dessert! Holy crap!!! Looks so yummy

rebecca said...

I love that word!! Great pics too :)

Tori Bella said...

I realize I should be noting the awesomeness of Slovania but maybe it's because it's one of the first pictures I've ever seen of you other than your wedding pictures (and your hair is up) but I'm like "Holy heck! Her hair is long!!"

loqi said...

OMG, did you have to show a picture of cake?? :-p

LT won't eat sausage -- he is totally missing out. All the food sounds and looks awesome!

A spa weekend in Slovenia -- this is when I get jealous of your overseas post. :)

Anonymous said...

That desert looks AWESOME! Slovenia in general looked beautiful. Glad you had a nice trip.

tootie said...

Ok, you convinced me. I'm adding Slovenia to my list of places I want to visit :)

Megan said...

Oh, that platter looks so good!

Hannah said...

I enjoyed it very much, thanks for sharing!
That cake looks DELISH! and like I've said a million other times, the photos are exquisite!