Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Shopping and an epic fail

I'm excited to report I have the majority of my Christmas shopping done. I only have about six presents left to get and the majority of them I will do once I get back to Oklahoma. Can I just say how easy on-line shopping has made my life? Thank you Amazon, Snapfish, Ebay and Touch of Whimsy for providing me with good quality presents this year!

I'm also pleased that I got my tourist passport in yesterday. The downside of yesterday was that I rode with Sean to work and went to the gym, as is my normal routine. Normally I shower at the gym and take extra clothes and make-up. Well..I had an epic fail yesterday and forgot my make-up. So...I had to walk around post for about five hours yesterday sans make-up. Let me tell you...not a pretty sight. I was too cheap to buy make-up just for that day, so I made the best out of using my sunglasses to cover my under-eye circles.

One last thing to share with you. I have a new magazine favorite. In real life this person is kind of annoying, but her magazine is awesome. Seriously...it is. I highly recommend it. Any guesses who I'm referring to?



Yep. Rachael Ray. Don't knock the magazine until you've read it. I'm pretty sure you'll like it!

15 comments:

Mary Teresa said...

Oooohhh I love the Rachel Ray magazine and her recipes. But she makes me head hurt in person lol.

stefanie said...

I hate that feeling of not wearing any make-up. I am sure people don't even care or can't even tell the difference but it just doesn't feel good at all.

Kayla said...

Agreed. I can't even sit through one half-hour show of Rachel Ray's but I get really excited for the magazine!

Unknown said...

wow..congrats on getting all of your Christmas shopping done! And I've seen that magazine out, but never bought it...I will purchase it next time cause you said so! :)

Lindsey said...

LOVE Rachel Ray magazine!!

SS said...

Online shopping is the best... one to check out if you haven't is thinkgeek.com. It's awesome satisfaction for the nerdy/geek side of the personality.

lola said...

I'm slowly chugging through the Christmas list, and yes, online shopping has been my saving grace. WOO!

I'll have to check out that magazine!

Windy City Kelley's said...

Rachel Ray annoys me too but I'll have to check her magazine out.

Julie Danielle said...

Good for you getting your shopping done. I still need to finish mine. I will have to check out that magazine sometime.

Kebi Cedawna said...

I do love her magazine. It's got some great easy recipes but some of them can tend to be on the weird and funky side.
I've seen you without makeup and you look great. You've got great skin and barely ever have breakouts. Woman, you look beautiful!

I emailed you this afternoon. Beware, it's got some graphic stuff in it, lol.

GUAMtastic said...

I can't believe you have all your shopping done: ROCKSTAR!!! I have NO idea what to get my husband...

rebecca said...

Really! Rachel Ray? She annoys the boogers out of me, but I'll flip through it next time I see one. I'm always up for a good read.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I've seen that magazine but she really annoys me as well. Maybe I'll give it a shot. Way to go on finishing the shopping!

Emily B said...

I ran into Rachel Ray in Park City with this magazine tucked under my arm. I was so excited to meet her and she just looked at me like I might attack her or something (I was just a little bit excited!) I haven't really felt the same about her since. BUT I agree the mag is good, and her Park City Stir Fry is AWESOME!

Unknown said...

it's been a while since you left me that sweet comment on the post i wrote the day that matt left, but here i am finally getting around to thanking you for it. that was a long, hard week, but every comment i received on that post made me feel less and less alone. thank you for taking the time to write to me, it really did help. :]