Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday Musings

1. I hate snow. I'll be glad if I don't see snow again for a year! I spent a little bit today shoveling snow off our driveway. Needless to say I didn't see that happening when I envisoned coming home for a visit.

2. I'm not looking forward to my flight on Wednesday. I'm praying I make it through customs in plenty of time in Paris so I can just get home!

3. I'm so excited to see Boomer that it's not even funny.

4. Sean and I are getting to talk 3-4 hours a day online and it's making this deployment ten times easier.

5. I cannot wait to get my new laptop tomorrow.

6. I cannot wait to get home and start editing all the pictures I took on this visit.

7. Negative windchills are ridic. I wasn't aware Oklahoma was the new Arctic.

8. I'm hoping to eat at Chilis tomorrow. One last fling with delish, fattening food. Once I get back to Italy it's exercise and good eating. Gotta look good for R&R!

9. There is a possiblity that I'll be heading to NYC to spend some time with a friend after R&R. I'm so excited!

10. I wonder what I would look like with dark hair? Instead of coloring it, I think I'm going to get a wig.

13 comments:

Jane said...

I'm jealous you get to leave this once moderate climate. I'm fairly sure hell has frozen over. -2 on Thursday? UGH!

Jenny said...

I am so glad that you and Sean are getting to talk alot. It was always easier when I could talk to Sheldon.
I totally hear you on the snow. I am so glad we moved to TX from WY.

Lisa said...

I'm not gonna lie, I miss the snow, but I don't miss driving in it! Or shoveling for that matter!

I miss being able to talk to P like you're getting to talk to Sean. Is he in country already? The talking makes everything SO much better, doesn't it?

Glad your visit home has been mostly good!

J.L.S. said...

I agree that getting to talk to Scott that much made the deployment a whole lot easier than it could have been! I hope the communication keeps up and good luck flying home. I'm sure you do miss Boomer... I can't imagine being away from Nani that long!

ae said...

I am glad you are able to talk to Sean a lot!
Chili's is the best. I love their chips & salsa.

Sarah said...

Yeah, snow is so not fun. You're lucky you get to leave it behind soon! Hope your journey home goes safely.

SS said...

Safe and hopefully uneventful travels. That's wonderful that you have that communication with him, yay technology!

Expat Girl said...

Aw yay for communication, we have just got skype up and running and it is definitely making a big difference. I know Paris airport can be a nightmare so I am keeping my fingers crossed for u and hope u have a safe trip home

Shoshanah said...

Flying internationally has gotten a bit crazy lately. Hope you're able to get back to Italy without too much of a hassle.

Travelin Through Life said...

Totally missed the fact you were going to Europe HAVE A BLAST!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Have a safe trip home! I hope you make it through the Paris airport. I loathe that one.

JG said...

Ditto. I'm sick of the snow. It's seriously over-rated!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

FYI- I had no problem at all on my flight back (well, other than they delay). As far as security goes, I think going out of the country is unchanged. You are flying at an "off" time as well, as most people traveled this past weekend. Hopefully it will be smooth for you too!