Monday, February 15, 2010

Venice and Carnevale

Yesterday my Italian friend Roberta and I went to Venice for Carnevale. We had a great time, but it was the most crowded I've ever seen Venice. Of course, I took tons of pics and thought I'd share some with you.

First glimpse of Venice



These are a typical Carnevale treat. There are several different things they put in them. Mine had ricotta, raisins and some other things. They are AMAZING!



I loved the various costumes that we saw. Here are Snow White, the 7 Dwarfs and the Evil Queen



Some of the lavish costumes we saw while in San Marco Square



Yours truly with some of the characters



A more unusual headpiece




This is my favorite pic I took yesterday



Twilight in Venice



Carnevale is exhausting...especially for little flamingos



Ducks on parade



My friend Roberta and I. She told Italian guys on the way back we were cousins, they believed her. That may have been more believable because they were intoxicated.




21 comments:

Sara said...

Actually you guys could be sisters! And what a fun, unbelievable experience.

tootie said...

Great pictures! Looks like a fun time!

stefanie said...

We went to Venice three years ago. We had such a great time! I love your pictures. And I have to agree: Your friend and you look like sisters.

Emily said...

Looks like you had a fun day! I'd love to experience Italy in the future.

JG said...

No kidding...you guys totally look related! What a fun trip. Those costumes are incredible!

Allison said...

I would have thought you two were sisters :)

Lisa said...

I love your photos! That looks like such a great time! You two look more related than my sisters and I do! :)

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Venice!

Abbie said...

Yeah, you guys totally look like you could be cousins!

Awesome, awesome pictures!

Amanda C. said...

im so jealous!! i LOVED celebrating carnevale!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics!

Meg said...

I am so jealous! it looks like a blast!

Sarah said...

Looks like it was fun! You'd be surprised what people will believe. I have a cousin who I'm not even technically related to and people used to think we were twins when we were little.

Anonymous said...

You guys do look related, and I'm definitely not intoxicated. Your pictures of Venice are wonderful, it looks like so much fun.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

All of those costumes look amazing! That looks like it was amazingly fun!

BSS said...

You too look like sisters! Thanks for sharing those great pics :)

Mira said...

oh, you two could go as sisters! :) I like all the photos, isn't Venice the best place in the world? :)

T, C, and E said...

Hi! I've left you an award on my blog! I enjoy reading about life and traveling while overseas! My husband and I are up here in Germany! Your pictures are always inspiring as well.

I thought I'd send you some sunshine! If it's anything like it is here, you need it! :)

Karren said...

I always love the photos you post! Thanks for sharing.

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

The pics are fantastic :)

Random Musings said...

I love the costumes!

Jenny said...

Amazing!

I especially liked the ducks on parade, HA!