Friday, February 18, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Join in over at Wife of a Sailor!



1.What is your favorite MilSpouse blog?
I read so many MilSpouse blogs that it's hard to just mention a few, but there are certain ones I check everyday. Sgt. and Mrs. Hub is one (and also happens to be the first blog I started reading) Jesstagirl and her Officer, Blonde Glambition, Just Another Day in Paradise.

2.What are your favorite perks about your s/o being deployed (we all know there are perks)?
I eat better and work-out more when Sean is gone, so a perk is that I'm healthier. I also get to watch things like Top Model and Jersey Shore instead of UFC fights and other sports crap.

3.How long did you date your before getting engaged? Married?
Well...we talked online and on the phone for 7 months, he came to see me for block leave and we got married two weeks later. For a more detailed account of the story, click here.

4.What do you think your would do if s/he wasn’t in the military?
I think he'd do something in journalism, though I think he should write a book. He really has a gift with words.

5.If you could talk to the Secretary of (fill in your appropriate branch) what is one suggestion you would like to bring to their attention in order to improve the lives of military families?
Dear John McHugh, (Secretary of the Army)
I'd like to bring to your attention the issue of funding. I see so much waste in the Army and the military in general, why not put those wasted funds towards more money for college classes for soldiers, building a hospital here in Italy that will service all our needs so we don't have to continually go to Germany for any health issues or towards the improvement of the facilities on each post. The lack of parking at our small post is beyond ridiculous and I can't fathom why money doesn't go towards a parking garage, rather than making the headquarters building on post some new fancy columns?

8 comments:

d.a.r. said...

You are the FIRST mil spouse blog I started reading :) It's crazy, I just saw that next week will mark three years since I started my blog. I cannot believe I've actually stuck with it!

Michelle said...

I second the parking. OccDoc did his residency at Walter Reed. Holy crap, I will never, as long as I live, complain about parking anywhere else again. That place was insane (at least where lowly visitors such as myself had to park).

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Finding out I was the first blog you started reading was a fun little fact to find out this morning! :)

To the Nth said...

Wow. I didn't realize that people in Italy had to travel to Germany to get adequate medical care through the military. That is something that should definitely change.

Angie said...

I wish a perk for me would be living a healthier lifestyle. I lack motivation when he's not around. :|

Jessica Lynn said...

Awww, thanks for the shout out! I love your blog, too! It baffles me how money can be allocated in so many ridiculous ways. At our base here they changed the MPH signs THREE times in one week, and you know they probably had to buy each sign. Ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

I WISH I tried to be healthier when my husband is away. Sadly I eat a lot of junk and watch too much TV (meaning I actually watch TV).

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Awww....thanks chickadee!! Your blog is actually the first MILspouse blog I ever started reading, and your blog is also in my top reads....I ♥ it!!