Friday, April 29, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Join in over at Wife of a Sailor!


1.Have you and your spouse agreed to live in separate locations (a geographical bachelor tour) knowing that the short-term inconvenience would have long-term benefits for your family? How did it work for you?
Well, when we first got married I was still living in Oklahoma and finishing out a job contract that would allow me to pay off a large chunk of my student loans. Sean was in Louisiana at the time, so we spent the first five months of being married, living apart. It was hard and if I could do it over, I'm not sure I'd live apart again.

2.What is your favorite thing about being a MilSpouse?
The travel and exploring new places. I could never have seen all I have or had the experiences I've had, without Sean being in the military.

3.If you could still have your spouse/significant other and your family, but take the military life out of it…would you?
I'm iffy on this. I love certain parts of the military life and yet I hate parts of it too. The military doesn't define us, but it has made us grow as a couple. I wonder how we'd be if the military had never been a factor.

4.What have your homecoming experiences been like after a year long tour of separation?
Although Sean was slated for a 12 month deployment, he was hurt and only ended up being away for six months. I won't lie...our reunion was not a joyous, happy occasion. I was happy to see him, but we'd had a very difficult R&R just a month prior to him coming home, so we were still dealing with that.

5.If you have a child(ren) why you chose their name(s)? If not, why you would name your child something?
I've had my (future) children's names picked out for a long time. Then I got married and Sean hated every, single name that I had picked out. I still have no idea what we will name our children because we can't agree on a single name.

No comments: