Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Checking-In and Catching Up

So much has been going on these past few weeks that I don't even know where to start!

First of all I'd like to say a big thank you to all my guest bloggers. I really appreciate each and every one of you taking the time to fill-in for me while I was gone on vacation.

Now on to what's being going on. Most of you will remember that I went to Germany with Sean for his doctor's appointment last month. He was told that he did have the option of back surgery, but it came with a big list of if's and warnings about what could go wrong.  Right now it seems like he's thinking about getting the surgery done, however the doctor he saw last time is new and wants more tests done on Sean's back, specifically his nerves, so Sean is heading to Germany yet again next week to start that.

My family came in a couple of weeks ago and we were pretty much non-stop sight-seeing once they got here. We did Tuscany (Montalcino, Pisa and Montepulciano) Austria/Germany (Salzburg, Reutte, Dachau and the King Ludwig Castles) and London for four days. They left on Monday and needless to say, I was pretty sad. It seemed so empty without them here.

We had a bit of an incident the day we came back from Austria. Sean called when I was almost home and told me he'd been rear-ended on his way home from work.  Luckily both he and the lady who ran into him were ok. His car needs a new bumper, but her car was totalled. Thankfully his car is still driveable, we're just waiting on the insurance claim to go through.

Sean had his wisdom teeth removed yesterday, so I've been playing nurse for him the last couple of days. He's determined to go back to work this week, but we'll see if that happens or not.

Last, but not least, I'm working on a new fitness plan for myself. I've really been slacking off the past few months and I can tell when I put on my clothes. I start Crossfit class next week and I'm also throwing in some early morning runs, spin class and a yoga class once a week. I'm determined to look more toned and be stronger by the end of the summer.

I hope to get back to my regular blogging and commenting more on all of your blogs!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

You sound like you've been busy! I'm glad the doctors are running all those tests- hopefully only good things come from that! And I'm glad your car (and husband!) are ok- car accidents can be terrifying.
And lastly, I'm glad you got to see your family and do so much with them!

Anonymous said...

So glad to have you back and so glad that Sean is okay after the accident. It sounds like you had an amazing time with your family. It is so difficult those first couple of days after company leaves. Good luck with your fitness plan--I have a bunch of friends who rave about Crossfit!

Becca said...

Yay! You're back!! Glad you had such a fun time, especially in London. That stinks about the car, but thankfully it's still drivable. Car repairs are just the worst here.

I was liking the Cardio Blast step class at the gym, but they cancelled one of them, then changed the format so it's boring now. I have been trying to get up the nerve to try a spin class.

Samantha said...

You've been very busy lady!! Hope things with Sean get worked out. If it's surgery he needs, I hope he gets it and then you guys get onto the business of living your lives! Best of luck.

Tori Bella said...

I miss our emails. Be sure and get multiple opinions about the back surgery though. I won't go into the details publically but I HIGHLY suggest multiple opinions.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Welcome back!!! I'm glad to hear he wasn't seriously hurt in the fender bender.

GUAMtastic said...

I loooooooove Montepulcino! Yummo. I am ALSO starting crossfit on Monday!! It is definately time :)

Jessica Lynn said...

Goodness gracious, you've been a busy lady over there! So much traveling—I LOVE it! You're my inspiration for travel and I can't wait to follow in your footsteps.

I feel bad for Sean—he's been through a lot lately!