Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Cinema

In my love of all things Christmas, I have to mention my love for Christmas movies.  Over the last few years, I've been collecting my favorite Christmas movies (and Sean's too) off of Amazon during the off parts of the year.  I have a decent collection right now, but I still have quite a few movies on my list to get.

So, here are a few of my favorite movies!

1. White Christmas- I LOVE this movie so much. I finally bought the soundtrack this year and play it around the house. The costumes, the songs, the storyline....I love everything about it.


2.  How the Grinch Stole Christmas- I am a sucker for the Grinch. In fact, one day I want a tree with just Grinch ornaments. I love that he's this prickly bad guy, who changes and comes to love Christmas. However, I do not like the version with Jim Carey. I'm a purist, who only loves the original animated version.


3. Miracle on 34th Street (the original)- This is actually one of Sean's favorite movies too. Although he refuses to watch anything but the black and white version. The story of Susan, the Santa Claus skeptic is wonderful. I love that she is won over in the end (as is the rest of the adults in the film) that Santa does exist!


4. It's a Wonderful Life- Watching the story of George Bailey gets me everytime. Donna Reed is divine in this movie and I'd be lying if I said I didn't find Jimmy Stewart to be all sorts of 1940's tasty. However, watching George Bailey find out just exactly how much he means to the town and his family makes this one of THE best Christmas movies.
5. Christmas Vacation- this movie is by far, my very favorite Christmas movie of all time. I've watched it so many times that I can quote about every line. I have t-shirts of the movie, as well as ringtones on my phone from some of my favorite lines. Clark Griswold and family are hilariously inept when it comes to Christmas and watching their dysfunction (especially Cousin Eddie) makes me laugh everytime.
br />
What are some of your holiday movie favorites?

4 comments:

Karen said...

Those are totally my top 5 too lol. Now that I have a little girl - I do love me some claymation Rudolph and A Charlie Brown Christmas :)

Shoshanah said...

I don't believe I've ever since the original Miracle on 34th St all the way through. But I do love (and have matched many a times) the Mara Wilson version.

Although my favorite Christmas movies would have to be It's a Wonderful Life and Love Actually.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Um we seriously need to be best friends. I love your choices. White Christmas is my favorite! I sit around and sing the songs with the movie. It drives Josh nuts!

Jenna // The Life of the Wife said...

I love ALL of those movies..but I'm kinda a sucker for ANY Christmas movie. I love the Newer Miracle on 34th Street movie too!