Friday, December 14, 2012

My Christmas Decorations


I was so excited to decorate for Christmas this year! In anticipation I pinned a gazillion pins on Pinterest and I don't think I did any of them...but in my defense it got to the point where I could either buy Christmas decorations or buy Christmas gifts, so we all know which I decided to do.

Even though my decorations aren't where I hope they'd be, I'm still pretty pleased with what I was able to come up with this year.

Let's start first with my front door. I considered making a wreath, but after my Halloween wreath fail, I decided to just put up the wreath I got on sale at Michael's last year.


In the entryway I have a few little stand-alone decorations set-up and one of three Christmas signs.


My little entry table with my basket of Christmas cards and my Christmas bokeh photo.


Next up:  My shelves and their decorations. Plus I have my hatbox I picked up at Goodwill to hold my Christmas books and magazines. On the shelves I have various printables I found on Pinterest, as well as my own photos that I've framed.


A close-up


My two other shelves: Mostly more Christmas photos, figurines



My Christmas trees are on top. The one on the left is from Poland, the one on the right from Italy and the middle on is just from Wal-Mart with some of my ornaments inside.


A few close-ups of some of my fave photos I put out.

 
 
I put up some garland, both on the bar area of our dining room/kitchen and above one section of our cabinets. I got the two green vases at Goodwill for 99 cents each. Score!


The dining area: I did it in a retro vibe. I framed a couple of older records, did a white tree complete with pink, silver and white ornaments to complement my Barbie ornaments I put on there. My tablescape is pink, blue and green. I got silver chargers, put white plates I found at Goodwill and bought some cheap pink and blue ornaments from Hobby Lobby as decorations on the plate.



 
Last, but not least, my trees! The green one is in our living room and the white one (as mentioned) is hanging out in our dining room.  It's the first year I've been able to put up the green tree, as it's been at my parents' house the last few years.  I actually have another tree, but didn't put it up this year. In the future it will probably become a travel tree.
 


There you have it, my Christmas decorations! I still have a lot of work to do before I have the amount of decorations I want in my house at Christmas time, but I feel like it's a nice start.

4 comments:

JG said...

Love your style! I like how each area is its own theme.

Shoshanah said...

I love the white tree! I just feel like it has such a classic winter look to it.

Kim said...

Love all the decorations! That hatbox is awesome! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love that pink deer and the bulbs!!